Details about this year's event!
Running with the Grizzlies!
Come run or walk this fast 5K course and help raise needed funds for Grovecrest Elementary for playground and physical education equipment! Race details are below.
5K Freebies: This 5K is famous for tons of sweet swag in every registration bag and a free TECH SHIRT of course! Plus tons of awesome giveaways from local businesses … No one goes home empty handed! Free food for every finisher and medals to the top 3 finishers in each age division. Top finishers overall receive a free 6 month membership to Gold’s Gym! PLUS tons more raffle prizes from local restaurants and businesses. Must be present to win (raffles given on-site after race).
5K Healthy Heroes: Grovecrest cares about healthy bodies and healthy minds and we need your support to make it better! As a school, we will get healthy preparing for this race together. Learn more about our 5K Healthy Heroes School Contest by reading the blog post below.
Fun Run: The Grovecrest 5K has always been a family event—we want your whole family to run!! If the 5K is too much for little ones, sign them for the 1 mile Fun Run. It’s FREE! The last ¼ mile will be on the Jr. High track with some fun obstacles for kids . We still want you to register for this FREE event.
Donations: We would love it if you have a business or know of a business that would like to help sponsor the race or make a donation. Please contact Annie Clayson, 801.234.0914. Or you can make a donation through race registration.
Training: Look below for our Zero to Hero 5K training plan for beginners. For experienced runners, go to www.runnersworld.com to find a plan that’s right for you.
- Saturday, April 26, 2014
- 8:00 AM Fun Run, 9:00 AM 5K
- 5K is $15 for 12 and under (and Grovecrest faculty), $20 for 13 and up
- Price of registration goes up $5 after April 18th
- Located at Pleasant Grove Jr. High East field (race will begin on 300 E 900 N)
- Questions? Annie Clayson, 801.234.0914 or email@example.com
- REGISTER now! Click here to http://www.runnercard.com/roadrace/public/raceGroup/975117
Wednesday, February 19, 2014
Monday, February 10, 2014
- Register for the Grovecrest 5K!
- Get your classmates to join you! The class in grades 3rd-6th and the class K-2nd with the most registrants for the race wins an ACTIVE CLASS PARTY!!! Teachers of winning classes win $30 gift certificate to a restaurant of their choice!! Be sure you and your family members select your teacher when registering for the race.
- Get your family to join you! If we can reach a total of 400 registrants for the race, Super 5 and K Man will run the race with us … in FULL COSTUME, of course! (This means Mr. Hoops and Mr. Nelson will look very silly as they run the 5K and you don’t want to miss it!)
- Start training for the race by walking or running every week. Try following our Zero to Hero 5K training plan!
- Participate in our 5K Healthy Hero Days by dressing up in your favorite old race shirts, running clothes, or Super Hero costume! You’ll be sure to see Super 5 and K Man at school on those days . We will also have 5K wristbands for sale on those days for $1 and running games at recess. 5K Healthy Hero Days will be February 19, March 21, and April 18.